Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course showed how to approach character design for video games, providing important insights into how gamers identify with the characters they control and interact with in game worlds. The course encompassed studies of anatomy, graphic design, narrative and gameplay, to develop a broad knowledge and understanding of the field of video game character design.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr Robin Sloan
Programme Leader for Game Design and Production Management
- Develop an appreciation of how studying human nature can inform how we design characters that audiences will recognise and understand.
- Assess how fundamental visual, narrative, and game design principles can inform the development of characters.
- Develop skills in analysing and prototyping character design concepts.
- Narrative theory for video game characters
- Gameplay design for video game characters
- Visual design principles
- Anatomical knowledge and physical cues
- Professional insights
Issued on 24th October 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has not verified their identity. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from Abertay University.
Free online course: