Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The University of Melbourne and The Nossal Institute for Global Health
This online course explored health systems concepts, structure, function and approaches to strengthening health systems. Topics covered included health systems frameworks, equity in health, health financing, health workforce, supply chains, quality of care and managing mixed health systems.
8 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor Barbara McPake
Director, Nossal Institute for Global Health
The University of Melbourne
Professor Stefan Swartling Peterson
Chief of Health and Associate Director, Programme Division,
- Develop knowledge and skills in health systems strengthening (HSS), to improve outcomes for disadvantaged women and children.
- Apply complex systems thinking in the design and implementation of HSS interventions.
- Evaluate HSS interventions for their evidence base, sustainability and capacity to support universal health coverage.
- Health system structures, functions and components, and how they interact.
- How to use evidence, and analysis of inequity, to drive interventions to strengthen health systems.
- Strengthening health systems through action in areas such as health policy, financing, human resources, supply chain management, quality of care and private sector engagement.
- Using complex systems thinking to address health system problems.
Issued on 28th September 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: