This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
In the course we explored how work-related stress and mental health problems often go together and the symptoms can be very similar. We focused on the cost of mental health problems and workplace stress at both individual and organisational levels. We also assessed interventions to combat workplace stress and the value of performance coaching and its impact upon employee wellbeing.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Karen Maher
Assistant professor in occupational, business and organisational psychology
- Discuss the definitions of mental health and stress
- Identify the signs of stress and poor mental health at work
- Explore the cost of mental health problems and workplace stress, and the impact on individuals
- Evaluate current models of stress
- Explore interventions to combat mental health and workplace stress
- Evaluate current research and theory in relation to performance coaching at work, and its impact upon employee wellbeing
- Develop an understanding and ability to demonstrate the benefits of implementing performance coaching techniques upon both employee well-being and organisational performance
- What is poor mental health?
- What is stress?
- Theories and models of stress
- Measuring stress
- The three levels of interventions (ie primary, secondary, tertiary) by Murphy (1988)
- Performance coaching
- Consider interventions to combat workplace stress
Issued on 1st November 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: