Weekly study8 hours
The 21st Century Healthcare Leader and Manager
Reanalysing the perspectives of 21st Century healthcare leadership
Firstly, this course will contextualise the global challenges faced by the 21st century healthcare leaders and managers.
You will appraise relevant theories and devise arguments to defend your strategies and posed characteristics required to be effective and successful on a global stage.
Lastly, this course will support you to further hone personal development areas.
- Leadership and management in a global context
- Key challenges facing Global Healthcare Leaders and Managers
- Key characteristics of the Modern Healthcare Leader
- A leader’s journey
- Critical analysis of leadership styles/theories for the 21st Century health care leader
- What does the future look like for healthcare leaders – how can we prepare for the new world?
- Identification of personal areas to develop
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand leadership and management in a global healthcare context
- Explore the challenges facing global Healthcare Leaders and managers today
- Critically appraise leadership and management theories for the 21st Century Healthcare Leader
- Devise and sustain arguments for the necessary characteristics and strategies of a modern healthcare leader
- Identify personal areas for development to be a modern healthcare leader
Who is the course for?
Students who are healthcare professionals and administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management role, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants and service providers in the health sector.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.