Why join the course?
Assessments are powerful development tools which provide measurable and objective ways of developing people at work, even after the screening process. They are crucial to an organisation’s success and should be an ongoing practice in any organisation.
This course shows how to link assessment to development, focusing on performance management, appraisal, career progression and promotion. We will explore the tools for assessing performance issues, development needs and more, as well as how we may motivate, engage and train staff during and following the assessment process.
What topics will you cover?
- Linking assessment to development: revisiting the employee life cycle.
- Performance management and appraisal.
- The 5 step Management by Objective (MBO) process.
- Motivating, engaging and training staff.
- Career progression and promotion.
- The use of assessment tools, from the global performance appraisal to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Advantages and disadvantages of using assessment tools for development.
- Succession planning and transition.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the link between assessment and continued development and its importance.
- Explore the process of performance management and appraisal, and understand what happens if things go wrong.
- Describe methods for motivating, engaging and training staff during and following assessment.
- Explain how to use assessment to support career progression and promotion.
- Evaluate a range assessment tools used for performance management, appraisal, career progression and promotion.
Who is the course for?
This course is for individuals who would like to find out how to use assessments at work for development purposes to enhance employee performance and support career progression.