Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Adult Education Essentials: Student-Centred Delivery for Adult Learners
Deliver engaging learning activities founded in reflective practice
In student-centred learning environments, learners are encouraged to take centre-stage when constructing their learning.
On this four-week course, you’ll advance your delivery skills in this environment, learning how to encourage engagement and monitor progress through a range of activities.
Explore methods of building rapport with your adult learners
Using good practice strategies, you’ll learn how to build rapport to identify individuals’ strengths, goals, and challenges, and understand their cultures and backgrounds.
With this knowledge, you’ll develop the skills to increase motivation, comfort, and trust. You’ll deliver learning that is built on a foundation of shared experience and cultural understanding.
Embed literacy and numeracy skills into your adult learning programs
You’ll investigate how to integrate literacy and numeracy support into your delivery, ensuring it is relevant to learning contexts. You’ll also learn how to accommodate specific learning requirements, ensuring equity in learning and assessment.
With these skills, you’ll be able to support diverse learners, providing fair access to learning.
Examine educational technology models including TPACK and SAMR
Technology can enhance student-centred learning by improving learner support, providing stimulating platforms for learning, and expanding the channels of communication within the classroom.
You’ll examine two teaching models and use these frameworks to develop your own strategies for improving technological support for learners.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand how delivery is shaped by student-centred approaches to learning. You’ll have gained the confidence to build rapport with students and support different personal experiences to improve learning outcomes.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply student-centred delivery strategies, that are collaborative, inclusive and enhance learner engagement
- Investigate student-centred delivery strategies, that are collaborative, inclusive and enhance learner engagement
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for adult learning facilitators with little or no formal training in teaching and learning. It is suitable for those considering a career in adult teaching or those who have recently begun teaching adults.
Who developed the course?
The Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) is a leading tertiary education provider and one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology. Established in 1924, Wintec delivers technical, vocational, and professional education across a broad range of qualifications, domestically and internationally.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends