Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Excel: Advanced Data Analysis and Visualisation
Learn how to use Excel alongside industry experts
Though millions of people use Excel for their simple daily tasks, it’s also one of the most widely used solutions for analysing and visualising data. That’s because it now includes tools that enable the analysis of more data, with improved visualisations and more sophisticated business logic.
On this three-week course, you’ll get an introduction to the latest versions of these new tools, learning directly from an expert on the Excel Product Team at Microsoft.
Discover how to import data and perform data cleaning
You’ll start by learning how to import data from different sources in Excel to help you prepare for data analysis.
This knowledge will help you perform a variety of tasks including; data cleaning and pre-processing steps, creating data mash-ups, building your business logic in the Excel data model, and presenting the data with interactive visuals.
Explore visualisation and pivot tables
After learning how to prepare the data, you’ll find out how business calculations can be expressed using the DAX calculation engine.
Next, you’ll see how the data can be visualised and shared to the Power BI cloud service. You’ll then see how it can be used in dashboards, queried using plain English sentences, and even consumed on mobile devices.
This will help you understand how pivot tables, pivot charts, and slicers work together.
Hone your data science skills
By the end of this course, you’ll feel confident in using Excel to perform data analysis and visualisations.
Learning from the experts at CloudSwyft and from the Excel Product Team, you’ll develop essential data science skills to help advance your career.
- Data Analysis in Excel
- Data Models and DAX in Excel
- Importing Data into Excel
- Visualising Data in Excel
- Power BI
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Create a visual representation of data that easily understandable
- Identify which tools to use in Excel in aiding better analysis
- Explore Excel from a data visualization lens
- Interpret data for analysis and visualization
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about Excel analytics tools – whether you’re a novice user or a seasoned Excel user.
You don’t need any prior knowledge or experience to benefit from this course.
What software or tools do you need?
The upgrade version of this course will include all the required CloudSwyft Hands-On Lab practice environments to be used by students and learners on this course, powered by CloudSwyft. You will need a computer running Windows, Mac OSX or Linux, and a web browser.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends