What topics will you cover?
- The context of the 100 Years’ War between France and England and the legitimacy of Henry V’s claim to the French throne
- Analysis of historical research methods and original documents relating to the medieval period
- The medieval army, its armour and weaponry
- Transporting the army to France and the ‘Southampton plot’ to assassinate Henry V
- The early part of Henry V’s early campaign in France, including the siege of Harfleur and the significance of guns and fortifications
- The battle of Agincourt: myth vs. reality in how events played out on the day. Why did the English win?
- The aftermath of the battle including the killing of POWs at Agincourt, and Henry’s triumphal return to England
- The legacy of Agincourt from Shakespeare to modern film interpretations, and connections to other famous battles (Waterloo)
- The challenges of historical research into Agincourt: finding the battlefield and the dead
- The appropriacy of commemorating and remembering the battle over time
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLagincourt to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course