End of Week 1
Congratulations, you’ve now reached the end of Week 1. Well done!
This week, you have:
• received an introduction to the course
• explored antibiotics and resistance from a historical perspective
• got an insight into the current situation and where we are heading
• heard about real-life stories from people who were infected with antibiotic-resistant bacteria
• carried out a small warm-up exercise where you considered global differences in surveillance of the burden of antibiotic resistance as well as discussed antibiotic resistance in the media.
Next week, you’ll learn more about:
• bacteria, antibiotics and resistance
• challenges in clinical practice regarding antibiotic prescribing
• antibiotic use in humans and animals
• how antibiotic resistance emerge and spread
Check your progress
As you make your way through the course, you might like to check your progress. You can do this by selecting the Progress tab at the top of each step where you’ll see what percentage of the course steps you’ve marked as complete.
© Uppsala University