Learn how fungi can cause disease and explore effective forms of treatment
Fungal diseases affect millions of people worldwide each year. Antifungal stewardship helps ensure antifungal agents are prescribed correctly to achieve the best patient outcome.
On this course, you will investigate the benefits of antifungal stewardship through case studies that feature successful strategies. You will cover basic mycology and common fungal diseases as well as look at ways to treat fungal diseases like candidemia. By completing this course, you will be able to use your knowledge in a clinical setting.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what the main antifungal agents and their clinical implications are and when therapeutic drug monitoring is indicated
- Develop a good basic understanding of common fungal diseases
- Develop knowledge of the diagnostic approaches used to diagnose fungal infections and be aware of their limitations
- Describe how infection prevention can help reduce the incidence of fungal diseases, and prevent the spread of antifungal resistance
- Explore antifungal stewardship and illustrate, through cases, how antifungal stewardship can be used to improve prescribing and patient care
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for any healthcare professional involved with caring for patients who may experience fungal disease. This may be in a primary care or hospital setting.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #AntifungalAMS to talk about this course on social media.