Weekly study2 hours
Antimicrobial Stewardship in Wound Management
Learn how to manage wound infection as a healthcare professional
It’s common to control wound infections with antibiotics. Understanding antimicrobial stewardship is key to preventing antimicrobial resistance and treating a range of infections caused by bacteria, parasites, viruses, and fungi.
On this course, you will explore antimicrobial resistance, learn how to treat it, and understand how this affects the safe management of patients with wounds. You will also learn how to recognise and diagnose wound infections and how to implement infection control measures in your own practice.
- What is Wound Management.
- Identification and Diagnosis of Wound Infection.
- Management and Prevention of Infection.
- Principles of Antimicrobial Stewardship in Wound Management.
- Implementation into clinical practice.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore antimicrobial stewardship.
- Demonstrate infection prevention measures in your own clinical area.
- Identify signs of infection.
- Develop skills to manage wound infections.
- Engage others in your department to carry out antimicrobial stewardship.
- Perform antimicrobial stewardship in your own area and prioritise monitoring.
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare professionals involved in wound management and infection prevention.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.