Learn how to manage wound infection as a healthcare professional
It’s common to control wound infections with antibiotics. Understanding antimicrobial stewardship is key to preventing antimicrobial resistance and treating a range of infections caused by bacteria, parasites, viruses, and fungi.
On this course, you will explore antimicrobial resistance, learn how to treat it, and understand how this affects the safe management of patients with wounds. You will also learn how to recognise and diagnose wound infections and how to implement infection control measures in your own practice.
- What is Wound Management.
- Identification and Diagnosis of Wound Infection.
- Management and Prevention of Infection.
- Principles of Antimicrobial Stewardship in Wound Management.
- Implementation into clinical practice.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore antimicrobial stewardship.
- Demonstrate infection prevention measures in your own clinical area.
- Identify signs of infection.
- Develop skills to manage wound infections.
- Engage others in your department to carry out antimicrobial stewardship.
- Perform antimicrobial stewardship in your own area and prioritise monitoring.
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare professionals involved in wound management and infection prevention.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #WoundAMS to talk about this course on social media.