Weekly study10 hours
Assessment and Evaluation in Practice
Develop your knowledge of assessment principles in nurse education
Assessment stirs debate, but everyone agrees that how we assess competence in nursing is pivotal to maintaining standards and safeguarding the public. We examine the accountability of assessors to ensure fairness and the application of principles to enhance validity and reliability of judgements.
- Principles of assessment
- Assessment tools – theory and practice
- Ensuring valid and reliable assessment
- Action planning for students in difficulty
- Accountability – local
- Purposes of assessment: safeguarding patients and maintaining standards
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the application of principles of assessment to a range of settings for nurse education
Who is the course for?
This course is for MSc Nursing students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.