What topics will you cover?
Week 1: The main principles of Assessment for Learning
- About Assessment for Learning
Week 2: Intentional dialogue
- Teaching in a formative way
- Digging deeper
Week 3: Hinge-point questions
- Hinge-point questions - an overview
- Hinge-point questions - the ‘nitty gritty’
- Writing and critiquing hinge-point questions
Week 4: Questioning as a source of evidence
- Kinds of evidence
- Hinge-point questions revisited
Week 5: Acting on the evidence
- Evidence from what learners say
- Evidence from hinge-point questions
- Finding out what your learners make of your use of questions
Week 6: Your formative classroom - evolving your practice
- What your students think
- What excellent formative practice involves
- Vignettes to develop your own thinking
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for English-speaking teachers of STEM subjects in primary and secondary schools, and sixth form and FE colleges. It’s also relevant to trainee teachers; teacher trainers; those thinking about a career in STEM teaching; and developers of STEM-related course materials.
It is a CPD course for people who, in the main, have a degree level qualification, or who are in the process of obtaining one.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLstemAfL to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course