Duration 6 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Extra benefits From $99 Find out more
Learn a cognitive behavioural approach to manage ongoing low back pain.
Learn an evidence-based cognitive behavioural approach to manage low back pain.
The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme is based on helping to “undo” many of the beliefs people have about low back pain, and provides skills to become more active, despite pain.
The programme was developed by collaboration between experts in psychology, physiotherapy, cognitive-behavioural therapy, and people with long-standing low back pain.
Based on a rigorous clinical trial, we know that the BeST programme produces long term reductions in people’s pain and disability and is a highly cost effective treatment.
What topics will you cover?
- The nature and cause of persistent low back pain.
- The cognitive behavioural approach.
- Exercise and activity for low back pain.
- How thoughts and feelings can influence pain.
- Pain management skills.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
- This course is designed for healthcare professionals with a role or interest in managing patients with low back pain (nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and psychological therapists).
- It will also be useful for students training to become healthcare professionals.
- Healthcare professionals will find the Certificate of Achievement for this course useful for providing evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), or commitment to their career.
- This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLbackskills to talk about this course on social media.