Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Business Management and Leadership
Develop techniques to effectively manage international businesses.
Professional organisational management could be regarded as one of the most significant developments of the 21st century, and is now present in almost every aspect of society. Understanding what managers do and how they do it is central to understanding how a society works and how it creates wealth.
On this course, you’ll explore the differences between leadership and management and look at the characteristics of successful leaders, using these elements to inform how you can manage international business.
Delve into the key principles of management
With many businesses rapidly expanding across the globe, it’s important that those leading the charge have the skills to successfully motivate teams, implement organisational cultures, and manage the business.
You’ll gain a solid foundation towards becoming an effective leader through learning these principles and understanding the role of managers within a business.
Learn how to build effective organisational structures and workplace cultures
Management structure and organisational culture are intrinsically linked within every business. On this course, you’ll compare the various organisational structures that companies use and how you can utilise them in a practical way. You’ll also discuss the concept of workplace culture and how to cultivate a positive culture through effective leadership.
Explore different leadership styles and how to adapt them to international management
There are many different management styles, each with their pros and cons. In order to improve your leadership skills, you’ll learn to identify different styles of leadership so you can successfully adapt to varying circumstances in your own management roles.
- What makes a good leader?
- Management levels
- The process of management
- How people become leaders and manage international businesses
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the basic principles of management and the role of managers
- Explore the concept of organisational culture and compare organisational structures
- Discuss the uses of different motivational techniques
- Identify different leadership styles
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to develop their leadership skills, specifically in relation to international business.
This may also be of extra interest to anyone studying business at degree level or business at level 3.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends