Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Business Planning to Grow Successful Companies
Develop and launch a successful business from idea to expansion.
From initial idea and business strategy to funding and international expansion, this course will take you through all the steps to launching and developing a successful business.
Plan and strategise to build a successful business
On this course, you’ll look at the key elements of effective business planning and how to develop a business strategy. You’ll also be introduced to important financial concepts and the different ways that businesses are financed.
By evaluating case studies of successful businesses and entrepreneurs, you’ll be able to develop your own business ideas, create plans and strategies to support them, and start to think about your funding options.
Discover the tools to conduct effective industry analysis
An important step in assessing the feasibility of a business idea is understanding the business environment and competitors. There are many different tools that you can use to put together a market analysis.
On this course, you’ll explore the key elements of three important tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, and Porter’s five forces analysis. You’ll then look at applying different models for situation audits to help build a picture of the business environment.
Evaluate the different methods for international expansion
There are a number of modes for expanding a business into foreign markets and each has its merits and drawbacks. Explore these different methods with a combination of case studies from real businesses and supplemental materials to help understand the different approaches to international expansion.
Once you’ve learned the different methods, you can then apply them to your own business idea and discuss the suitability of each one.
- Business planning- What makes a good business idea and how can you develop the idea?
- Competitive audits- How can you better understand the environment of an organisation?
- Business financial planning- What type of business are you and how do you analyse and plan your finances?
- International expansion- What are the different strategies for entering foreign markets?
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the characteristics of successful businesses
- Develop your own business ideas through building an understanding of different industries
- Compare sources of finance to assess their suitability for different situations
- Discuss the suitability of the different method of international expansion for your own business idea
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to understand effective business planning, specifically in relation to international growth strategies.
This may also be of extra interest to anyone studying business at degree level or business at level 3.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends