- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Understanding Marketing Basics
Learn the key marketing principles and apply them to your business ideas.
Marketing is one of the most important functions in a business and a product’s success, determining how you connect your audience with your product.
This course has been designed to take you through the basics of marketing. From the key concepts to marketing plans and strategies, you’ll develop the core marketing skills you need to grow a business.
Discover the importance of customer segmentation and how to choose the right target market
On this course, you’ll learn the techniques needed to profile and break down customer groups into segments. By using customer segmentation, you’ll be able to market your product around the needs of your target audience.
Lay the groundwork with the principles of the marketing mix
The marketing mix makes up the core foundation of every marketing endeavor. It consists of the 4Ps of marketing: Product, Price, Promotion, and Place.
This course will take you through each part of the mix to help you identify the key features and how to utilise them when developing your business.
International marketing: is it that different?
Different markets, just like individual customers, have their own wants, needs, and perceptions. It’s crucial to understand the distinctions between domestic and foreign markets to have the best chance of success.
You’ll compare the key differences between domestic and international marketing to learn how to approach expansion from a marketing perspective.
By the end of this course, with your new marketing skills in tow, you’ll be able to begin piecing together effective marketing plans and strategies to tackle different customer groups and markets.
- What is Marketing?
- Customers and Markets
- The Marketing Mix
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the key concepts in the study of marketing.
- Compare the key differences between domestic and international marketing
- Explain the principles of the marketing mix
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in understanding more about marketing and how to use marketing effectively within businesses.
This may also be of extra interest to anyone studying business at degree level or business at level 3.
Learn how to successfully develop and grow an international business, from planning and marketing to international expansion.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends