Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $109
CBT with Older People
Enhance your knowledge of CBT and ageing, and how to use CBT with older people
This online course provides an efficient introduction to cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) with older people.
You’ll first cover the basic theory and practice of CBT, before focussing on how working with older people can be different, because of comorbidity, complexity, chronicity, and continuity and contextual factors.
You’ll also become knowledgeable about normal and healthy ageing - as well as late life depression and anxiety disorders - which may influence your expectations for optimal treatment outcomes when using CBT with older people.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss CBT theory and how this is relevant for effective treatment outcome.
- Describe normal ageing and how this may be important when using CBT for late life depression and the anxiety disorders.
- Develop a working knowledge of the latest evidence on efficacy of CBT with Older People.
- Describe an age-appropriate approach to CBT and when it may be used.
- Create a treatment plan for CBT with Older People.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, allied health professionals, nurses and Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) professionals, who come into contact with older people in clinical practice.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.