Weekly study4 hours
Circular Business Models for Sustainable Urban Food Systems
Explore how circular economy can foster sustainable urban food systems
In a scenario where the world’s population will reach 9 billion people in 2050, with almost 70% of them concentrated in urban areas and requiring three times more resources than we currently use, the traditional ‘linear economy’ is no longer suitable.
On this course, you’ll discover how to design and build circular food systems for resilient, smart and sustainable cities.
You’ll explore the catalytic role of cities to foster healthy and inclusive food policies, adopting systems thinking, institutional innovation, and participatory approaches in order to fulfill the 2030 SDGs.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the Circular Economy principles, concepts and measurements in the context of SDGs
- Identify and assess challenges and opportunities when designing Circular Food Systems
- Assess how Urban Food Policies can support urban-rural linkages and guide the transition to Sustainable Urban Food Systems
- Develop and assess Circular Business Models and their role in creating product-service combinations to achieve Food Circularity
- Develop skills and practical tools to disseminate awareness and educate third parties on Urban Food Circularity to foster Sustainable Food Systems
Who is the course for?
This course is primarily designed for policymakers, public institutions, intermediaries, and educators. It would also appeal to anyone with an interest in issues of sustainability and urban food systems.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.