Weekly study3 hours
Coaching the Mental Game
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Apply frameworks, principles and strategies for coaching players mentally
Culture is one of the primary mental conditioners in sport and it affects players’ performance and continued development.
Coaches are responsible for establishing a team’s culture either intentionally or unintentionally.
On this course, you’ll explore how an empowering culture, servant leadership or player-centred approach can help to create ideal mindsets.
You’ll learn how to foster an environment that enables people to perform to their potential and understand how to coach the mental game.
- The thinking and the instinctive brain and their separate functions in key moments of performance
- The performance equation
- Ways of enhancing players’ A-game
- Dealing with the B-factors (situations and conditions)
- The impact of past-present-future on players’ performance
- The ‘zone.’
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify elements of the mental game
- Explain key features of the thinking and the instinctive brain and their separate functions in key moments of performance
- Apply frameworks, principles and strategies for coaching players' mental game
- Reflect on your coaching practice incorporating insights gained through the course.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone with an interest in sports or business coaching, but may be of particular interest to those already working in the area.