Weekly study4 hours
Learn to communicate effectively and strategically in business
Effective communication is the single most important skill for leaders and managers.
investigate how people communicate, how preferences differ, and how business communication can be supported effectively across cultures
examine and analyse your own communication needs
learn and use the tools to identify stakeholder needs and develop a communication strategy that works for all stakeholders.
To bring perspective to the course, an international business expert at Coventry University shares their extensive, personal career experience of cross cultural communication.
- Analysing and evaluating communication preferences
- Achieving clarity in communication
- Identifying stakeholder communication needs
- Communicating across cultures
- Errors to avoid in business communication
- Developing a communications strategy
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe why communication is important to leaders and managers
- Outline different methods of communication and how these may be used
- Consider what makes some communication poor or excellent
- Formulate strategies for communicating effectively to stakeholders
- Evaluate how different forms of communication may include or exclude groups or individuals
Who is the course for?
This course is for postgraduate students of Coventry University. It is aimed at students across all subject areas and all faculties to enable them to improve their employment prospects at management level on completion of their studies.
It recognises that postgraduate students are well placed to enter employment in their field at management level and earns them accreditation in management and leadership techniques and consultancy.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
What software or tools do you need?
Learners will use free Padlet software accessed via a link.