- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Community Based Research: Getting Started
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Community based research means involving a community in all stages of a research process - this kind of research can give people the power to transform their lives.
On this course you will learn the basics of community based research by examining the citizen science methodology used by the RELIEF Centre in Lebanon. You will learn to construct your own research questions to find out community needs and how to meet them. You will develop research skills to carry out local research projects sensitively and ethically, using examples from Lebanon to support you as an aspiring researcher.
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the uses of community based research
- Assess the varying perspectives of different stakeholders in community based research
- Reflect on the sensitivities and ethics of community based research
- Identify a research question for community based research and appropriate research methods to answer it
- Develop research skills appropriate to community based research
- Produce a proposal for a community based research project
Who is the course for?
This course is for community members who want to find new solutions for community problems. It’s also suitable for community researchers recruited by NGOs, teachers who want to investigate relationships between school and the community, academic researchers in Lebanon and elsewhere, students wanting to carry out community research, leaders of community research, trainers of researchers in NGOs or on academic projects, and even entrepreneurs who wish to investigate the community demand for their products or find out what the community needs.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: