Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Key Concepts of Sustainable Fashion
What is sustainable fashion?
On this three-week course, you’ll deepen your understanding of what sustainable fashion is and start to assess how the industry can change for the better.
You’ll begin by identifying biases and debunking misconceptions about the industry to help you explore fashion from an inclusive perspective.
You’ll also think about ways to ensure sustainability and human rights as the fashion industry continues to expand.
Explore the future of fashion
To look at the bigger picture of the industry, you’ll examine the different ecosystems within fashion from both a personal and global perspective. This will help you categorise types of fashion ecosystems and understand how your behaviours impact the industry.
With this information, you’ll evaluate the personal actions you can take to influence a sustainable future for fashion ecosystems.
Gain expert insights from the Parsons School of Design
As you begin to reimagine the future of fashion, you’ll explore emergent alternatives in the industry to discover the pioneers in sustainability.
By the end of this course, designed by the specialists at Parsons School of Design, you’ll know your role within fashion, and feel empowered to help the industry have more positive impacts in the future.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the concepts of sustainable fashion
- Classify the types of fashion ecosystems
- Explore actions that will influence sustainability and the future of fashion ecosystems
- Assess how your values align with your actions
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in the social, environmental, and economic impacts of fashion.
It may be of particular interest if you are considering a career in fashion or sustainability.
Who developed the course?
For more than a century, Parsons School of Design has been inspired by the transformative potential of design. Today, the school’s groundbreaking academic programs carry forward that mission, making Parsons the number one design school in the U.S. and among the top three globally. At the heart of a comprehensive university — The New School — Parsons draws on a range of academic fields to deliver a uniquely interdisciplinary education enriched by the resources of its home in New York City
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends