Weekly study6 hours
Construction Project Management: An Introduction
Explore the definition of a project and discover how projects may be classified
On this short course, you will have the opportunity to become more familiar with the concepts and processes needed for effective project management in the construction industry.
You will have the opportunity to gain an overview of project planning and the fundamental activities that occur within project management. You will be introduced to the concept of the project life cycle and its relation to the product life cycle.
You will also have the opportunity to explore how to define the project, including scope, setting objectives, stakeholders and clarifying strategies.
- The context and process of project management
- The project life cycle
- An overview of project planning and the organisational frameworks for project delivery in construction
- The planning and definition of the scope of a project
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore and define the scope of a project, including the establishment of deliverables, verification and inspection and the control of changes
- Develop the client’s brief – time, cost and quality
- Explore method statements and their relevance to project planning and control
- Explore the definition of a project and discover how projects may be classified
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking an introduction to project management in the construction industry.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.