Weekly study3 hours
Consumer Behaviour and Psychology
Understand how consumer psychology affects the lives of customers and companies
Have you ever wondered why you buy one brand of cereal over another? Or why you might react to different types of advertising? Your decisions are motivated by a number of factors. The study of these factors is called consumer psychology.
On this course you will explore what consumer psychology means and how it’s related to the rise of a consumer society. You will be introduced to basic marketing concepts and you will understand how these concepts affect the relationship between customers and the companies. And you will reflect on how consumer psychology impacts the decisions you make everyday.
- What is consumer psychology?
- Consumer psychology and the consumer society
- Consumer-oriented marketing
- Consumer choice and decision making
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe consumer psychology
- Assess the importance of consumer psychology
- Explain how consumer psychology grew in parallel with the consumer society
- Distinguish between consumer psychology, consumer behaviour and marketing
- Describe consumer-oriented marketing
- Apply the concepts of market segmentation and product positioning
- Describe the process of consumer decision making
- Explain the product lifecycle
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of consumer psychology and how it affects the decision-making process of both individuals and companies.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.