Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Contemporary Chinese II: 2.2
Grow your knowledge of the Chinese language and culture
On this six-week course from ChinesePlus, you’ll build your Chinese language skills with a range of new Mandarin expressions, grammatical structures, and vocabulary.
You’ll also expand your knowledge of Chinese culture by learning about economic policy, housing, and emergency services in China.
Explore different complements in Chinese grammar and how to use them correctly
In everyday conversation, it is very common to discuss actions in a number of ways. Whether you’re commenting that you’ve finished doing something, asking someone to go somewhere, or saying that you can learn something new because you’re so smart. These all use complements in Chinese.
You’ll learn the characters and structures used for resultative compliments (to express the results of actions), directional complements (to describe the direction of a verb), and potential complements (to indicate whether or not an action is possible).
Learn useful words and phrases for everyday conversations
Throughout this course, you’ll build your Chinese language skills to help you hold more natural conversations in a number of scenarios. You’ll learn how to book tickets in Chinese, talk about recreational and sporting activities, and even describe a traffic accident.
To boost your speaking and writing skills, you’ll explore vocabulary and grammatical structures to give a narrative more detail, allowing you to expand your conversations with more complex descriptions.
Discover a range of expressions for different scenarios
This course will guide you through more general expressions to help you in a number of situations. From blaming and thanking other people to showing sympathy, comfort, and regret, you’ll learn the sentence structures and vocabulary to express your feelings and emotions.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key categories of vocabulary
- Explore complex grammatical devices and structures
- Practice asking and answering conversational questions
- Produce simple sentences and short paragraphs
- Explore aspects of Chinese culture
- Develop general knowledge of China
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning the Chinese language. To benefit from this course, you will need an understanding of basic Chinese phonetics.
It is recommended that you complete the Contemporary Chinese 1 ExpertTrack first as it will give you the foundation you need for this course.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends