Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Contemporary Chinese III: 3.1
Master more complex Chinese concepts to boost your language skills
This six-week course from ChinesePlus will guide you through the next steps in your Chinese Mandarin journey. You’ll build on your vocabulary to compose more complex sentences and construct better conversations, while also exploring Chinese culture in more depth.
Discover how Chinese people express love
You’ll start this course by learning two types of sentences: the “把” sentences with resultative complements or directional complements, and the “是 … 的” sentences to recount, describe or comment upon a subject.
Then, you’ll build on this foundation by exploring how to talk about seasons and nature in Chinese, as well as how Chinese people express love, with a focus on plant symbolism in both areas.
Explore the different dialects in Chinese and the rise of putonghua
China is a vast nation and each region has its own customs and various spoken languages. With the development of China’s economy, putonghua (based on the Northern dialect) is becoming more and more popular.
You’ll learn about the different language accents via dialogues and articles as well as the different dialects across China. You’ll also explore how to discuss multicultural issues in Mandarin Chinese by learning specific Chinese character patterns and variations.
Develop your Mandarin writing skills with a focus on written communication
When learning a language, there are four areas that you need to build skills in: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
During the last week of this course, you’ll focus on writing; composing an email to reinforce your learning. Through this, you’ll also explore the reduplication of verbs, numerical phrases and fractions.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key categories of vocabulary
- Collect more grammatical structures and sentence patterns
- Create conversations and short paragraphs
- Practice narrating stories and reading more complex texts
- Demonstrate communication skills in Chinese
- Engage in wider range of topics related to current China
- Explore aspects of Chinese culture
- Develop general knowledge of China
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning the Chinese language. To benefit from this course, you will need a good command of basic to intermediate Chinese words, expressions, and grammatical structures.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends