Learn how to adapt child protection case management during Covid-19
On this course, you’ll enhance your understanding of the heightened protection risks and vulnerabilities that children are facing around the world during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You’ll learn how to adapt child protection case management and discover why it’s vital that child protection caseworkers and other service providers work in partnership to make sure there is a collective response to protecting a child.
The course will provide examples of promising practice and will stimulate the exchange of ideas and experience between learners around the world.
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding the child protection risks, vulnerabilities and additional challenges that are arising as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Illustrating examples of how child protection case management is being adapted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understanding the importance of front line staff working together across sectors and with community-based child protection bodies to address the protection needs of children through a child protection case management approach during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The importance of maintaining the safety and well-being of all those involved in the protection and care of children.
This course has been made possible by the COVID-19 Case Management MOOC Taskforce:
- Centre for Excellence for Children’s Care and Protection (CELCIS)
- Global Social Service Workforce Alliance
- Hope and Homes for Children (HHC)
- International Federation of Educative Communities (FICE)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW)
- International Social Service (ISS)
- Latin American Foster Care Network (RELAF)
- SOS Children’s Villages International
*The views and opinions expressed in this course do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the donor organisations.
**Taking part in the course does not make you a trained case worker.
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply and adapt the components of child protection case management during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Explore ways to encourage and ensure coordination and cooperation across different service providers and working through an inter-sectoral approach during the COVID-19 pandemic to protect children
- Reflect on ways to safely facilitate child protection case management with children and their care givers, including through remote communication
- Discuss ways that workers can maintain their own safety and well-being
Who is the course for?
This course is available in English, with French, Spanish, and Arabic transcripts.
The course is designed for child protection case workers and managers. It will also be of interest to anyone working as a front line professional or volunteers within government bodies, international agencies and national non-governmental organisations to provide services that can protect children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For example, you might work to provide a range of services including health, education, social protection, law enforcement, food distribution and other necessary provision.
The course will also be helpful if you are working to provide alternative care for a child during the pandemic, or you are a member of a community-level group playing a role in protecting children during this time.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLChildCaseManagementCOVID19 to talk about this course on social media.