- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
COVID-19: Diagnostics and Testing
Understand the key role diagnostics play in outbreak control
As the world struggles to contain the COVID-19 outbreak, healthcare infrastructure and testing capacity have emerged as major issues.
Different countries have implemented different testing strategies, and from the range of diagnostic tests available, some have received authorization for use by national regulatory agencies.
There’s a need for independent evaluation of these tests and guidance on implementing safe and reliable testing.
On this course, you’ll discover the latest recommendations on COVID-19 testing and get up-to-date information on the performance of tests and how best to deploy them.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify different types of diagnostics for COVID-19 testing, explore their current use in the COVID-19 response to better understand how they can be implemented in your country
- Engage with your peers and learn how countries are scaling up testing capacity while exploring key considerations to inform your country planning and implementation
- Identify key technical and operational considerations for testing and how to apply them to your setting to ensure safe and quality-assured testing services
- Develop an understanding of global recommendations on use of COVID-19 diagnostics and testing strategies
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals involved in the testing and diagnosis of COVID-19, with a focus on low- and middle-income settings.
This may include Ministry of Health officials, laboratory managers, laboratory technologists and technicians, clinicians, programme managers, implementing partners and others involved in laboratory testing for COVID-19.
Who developed the course?
FIND is a global non-profit organization that drives innovation in the development and delivery of diagnostics to combat major diseases affecting the world’s poorest populations. We turn complex diagnostic challenges into simple solutions through unique partnerships with the public, private and non-profit sectors. FIND is working closely with partners including the World Health Organization in support of the global effort to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
The African Society for Laboratory Medicine is an independent, non-profit organisation founded in 2011 that coordinates, galvanises and mobilises relevant stakeholders from the local to international levels to improve local access to world-class diagnostic services and ensure healthy African communities. ASLM is the first pan-African society for laboratory professionals, endorsed by the African Union and supported by multiple African Ministers of Health through its Ministerial Call for Action.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.