Learn how to create apps to use in your own teaching practice
There are many educational apps available, but the majority are created by non-educators.
Platforms for developing apps are becoming increasingly user-friendly, so it’s easier for teachers to create apps to support their own classroom activities.
In this course, you’ll learn how to play a more proactive role as an app creator. You’ll learn how to create at least five pages of a simple app that can be used to demonstrate how content, technology and pedagogy are related.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use an app creation site to design and develop a sample app.
- Why use digital technologies in the classroom
- How content, technology and pedagogy are related
- How other educators have engaged with app creation activities
- How an app works
- The process of creating an app
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the interconnectness between content, technology and pedagogy
- Describe in general terms how an app works
- Design a simple app using a set of instructions
- Explain how teacher-developed resources open doors for entrepreneurship
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for pre-service teachers, teachers and education leaders who want to discover what apps are and how they might be used to support school activities.
For Australian educators, this course aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST):
Know students and how they learn
Know the content and how to teach it
Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Engage in professional learning
6.1, 6.2, 6.3
Engage professionally with colleagues
Who developed the course?
QUT is a leading Australian university ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide by the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Located in Brisbane, it attracts over 50,000 students.
- LocationBrisbane, Australia
- World rankingTop 180Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLappsforlearning to talk about this course on social media.