- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
Creating Moments of Joy for People with Alzheimer’s
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Understand how to create moments of joy for people with Alzheimer's
When someone has short-term memory loss their life is made up of moments. This means we cannot always create a wonderful day, but we can create a wonderful moment.
On this course you’ll find out how to encourage and enjoy such wonderful moments. You’ll get practical tips to ease the daily struggles of Alzheimer’s for those living with it, and those helping them. Ultimately you will learn how to look beyond the challenges of the disease and focus on creating the best possible life for those living with Alzheimer’s.
- Understanding the person
- What age are they in their mind?
- Live their truth
- I want to go home
- Stop correcting them
- Your mood affects their mood
- Taking care of the caretaker
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise why all conversation needs to focus on memories that someone with Alzheimer's has left
- Describe ways to trigger memories for someone with Alzheimer's
- Develop strategies for determining the age the person with Alzheimer's is living in their mind
- Describe ways to make a person with Alzheimer's feel like everything is okay in this moment
- Identify three questions to ask yourself before correcting or contradicting a person with Alzheimer's
- Explain how your mood affects the mood of someone with Alzheimer's
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease, or anyone who wants to know more about dealing with the effects of the disease. You don’t need any past experience.