Weekly study4 hours
Building Your Career in Tomorrow’s Workplace
Get prepared to forge a career in the workplace of the future.
The workplace of the future offers new challenges and opportunities, shaped by technological change and trends towards globalisation.
We’ll help you to identify and progress towards clearly defined career goals - whether you’re already employed or looking to start your career.
In the first week, we’ll review the key global changes impacting the world of work. In the second week, we’ll focus on what these changes may mean for future careers. We’ll cover the implications of radical new developments like 3D printing, the Internet of Things, cryptocurrencies and the Circular Economy.
- Lessons from historical “technological revolutions”
- Implications of the digital economy for the nature and location of work
- Winners and losers in the digital workplace
- How social changes are shaping the workplace of tomorrow
- The changing relationship between our digital and physical workspaces
- Entrepreneurial opportunities in the digital economy
- Skills required for success in the digital workplace and how they can be acquired
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore a variety of contemporary business challenges and understand the skills that will be required for career success in this environment
- Identify new career, entrepreneurial and social enterprise opportunities that are presented by contemporary business challenges
- Identify your learning needs and determine how you will address these in order to enhance career opportunities
- Describe your personal competencies and attributes (skills, abilities, knowledge, career motivations), and the value these offer to a potential employer
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in how the world of work is changing and how this may affect their current or future career. It’s also suitable for anyone who provides career guidance, such as teachers, consultants and counsellers.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.