Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Analytics and Python Fundamentals
Do you want to make your organisation’s data more valuable? The first step is organising and structuring it for analysis. Data analysts need to use databases and other technologies to efficiently collect, organise and manipulate this data.
This course will help you learn how to confidently use the Python programming language to analyse data and conduct data modelling.
Familiarise yourself with data analytics techniques
You’ll compare data analytics and advanced data analytics, and discuss the fundamentals of statistics and its application in data analytics.
You’ll learn a range of different techniques that will enable you to manipulate data in different ways, and adjust your approach to suit the subject, circumstances, and time you have available.
Learn new Python functions
You’ll also use Python to support data wrangling and ingestion, and learn advanced data analysis techniques including data mining and machine learning.
As you solidify your new knowledge by reviewing real-world examples and theories, you’ll develop critical employability skills and a foundational knowledge in Python to set yourself apart from other candidates when applying for jobs across a range of industries.
Boost your career with data analytics skills
This course will further any prior understanding you have of working with data and analytics, and you’ll be able to add Python skills to your CV.
Upon completion of the full ExpertTrack, you’ll have the knowledge and confidence you need to apply your skills in a real-world professional setting.
- Introduction to data analytics using Python
- Introduction to Python programming
- Data structures, sequences and functions
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare data analytics and advanced data analytics
- Discuss fundamentals of statistics and its application in data analytics
- Define loops, conditional logic, various data structures and collections in Python
- Create and use functions in Python
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for:
- business analysts or junior data analysts looking to develop their advanced data analytics skills and programming capabilities to achieve career progression within data analytics
- those with existing programming capabilities looking to start a career in data analytics
- those lacking the programming capabilities to conduct more advanced data analysis and modelling
What software or tools do you need?
During the course we’ll be using Jupyter notebook. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends