Discover data collection methods
On this short course, you’ll explore the importance of input data and the appropriate collection and treatment of it for simulation.
During the course, you’ll also gain an appreciation of the possible datasets for inclusion in simulation models and will be taught to apply the correct distribution to datasets and check the goodness of fit.
- The importance of input data
- Data collection, tools and techniques – quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Key activities in data collection
- Data sets
- Data treatment
- Treatment of input data
- Deterministic versus probabilistic
- Selecting statistical distributions
- Selecting appropriate statistical distributions
- Fitting input data to distributions
- Goodness of fit test
- Modelling without data
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the relationship between data and simulation
- Apply appropriate methods of data collection for simulation
- Identify and use probability distributions
- Identify statistical distributions and their application in simulation
- Experiment with fitting data to statistical distributions
- Describe the goodness of fit test
- Explore selecting the input model without data
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with a keen interest in logistics operations and how to manage them efficiently while facing uncertainties in a virtual environment.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.