Work with airline data to learn the fundamentals of the R platform.
We live in a data driven world. So how can we make the most of it? Have you ever wondered how data-driven decisions are made?
This course will use airline data to demonstrate key concepts involved in the analysis of big data. In this course you will learn how to use the R platform to manage data. The course serves as an introduction to the R software. It lays the foundation for anyone to begin studying data science and its applications, or to prepare learners to take more advanced courses related to data science, such as machine learning and computational statistics.
What topics will you cover?
- Download, install, and use the R platform
- Import data into R and visualize data
- Use vectors and vectorized functions, including some of the tapply functions
- Manipulate data into desired formats, including cleaning and verifying data
- Predict business performance
- Make data-driven decisions about your industry
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is interested in discovering more about data. Beginners in using R are welcome. Prior experience is not required.
Who will you learn with?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLdatascience to talk about this course on social media.