Thanks for participating in this course
In this course, we learned some basic principles and tools for identifying data relevant to questions in Political Science, Geography, English and Sport. We also heard from experts at Loughborough University in these areas who described how they used data in their work. I hope you enjoyed the course!
Please fill in the post-course questionnaire, as this will help me to revise future runs of this course, and also develop new courses for FutureLearn.
If you are interested in similar courses, please have a look at the ones I list below, by category. I hope to see you all on FutureLearn again soon.
Courses about applications of mathematics for learners without an extensive background:
- Getting a Grip on Mathematical Symbolism, Loughborough University
- Numeracy Skills for Employability and the Workplace, Loughborough University
- Maths for Humans: Linear, Quadratic & Inverse Relations, by UNSW Australia
- Basic Science: Understanding Numbers, by the Open University
Course about social and economic statistics:
- Making Sense of Data in the Media, by the University of Sheffield
Courses related to climate:
- Monitoring climate from space, by the European Space Agency
- Earth Observation from Space: the Optical View by the European Space Agency
- Causes of Climate change, by the University of Bergen
Course related to social media data:
- Social Media Analytics: Using Data to Understand Public Conversations, by Queensland University of Technology
Would you like a Statement?
There is also the option to purchase a personalised Statement of Participation, to celebrate taking part. To be eligible for the Statement of Participation, you must mark at least 50% of the steps on the course as complete. This also comes in a printed and digital format and you can add it to your LinkedIn profile.
© Dr. Eugenie Hunsicker, Loughborough University 2016