Getting started in data science
Organisations everywhere want to exploit data to predict behaviours and extract valuable real-world insights to inform decisions. You will focus on data exploration and discovery, learning what to look for in data, its limitations and avoiding being misled. Our visualisations will help you gain skills quickly, and introduce you to the big ideas that will help you to start understanding our world through data. We want to give you the confidence to dive into data using computer software and to start thinking like a statistical data scientist. We also give you an opportunity to learn coding in R.
What topics will you cover?
- Data and its organisation
- Basic statistics
- Working with many variables simultaneously
- Sources of error and misconception
- Confidence intervals
- Statistical tests via randomisation
- Seasonal decomposition and forecasting
- Learning to code in R (optional)
Upgrade - $94
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLdata2insight to talk about this course on social media.