Data to Insight: An Introduction to Data Analysis and Visualisation
Duration 8 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Why join the course?
Data is everywhere and the lessons it contains can be the key to making good decisions. We want to give you skills and the confidence to dive into data using computer software and start making discoveries. You will learn key elements of data science and to start thinking like a statistician.
What topics will you cover?
- Data and its organisation
- Basic statistics
- Making discoveries working with several variables simultaneously
- Sources of error and misconception
- Confidence intervals
- Statistical tests via randomisation
- Seasonal decomposition and forecasting
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is suited to those new to these areas and those wanting a reminder and fresh perspectives. You will need to be comfortable thinking in terms of percentages and have a level of comfort with using computers.