Weekly study8 hours
Decision-making under Uncertainty
Discover how to make good decisions with limited information
Up until now, we have assumed that we take decisions in relatively stable environments, where we have plenty of information. This is often not the case.
On this short course, we will define uncertainty and understand the challenges it poses to decision-making. We will look at techniques that can aid decision-making in times of great uncertainty and when the right information is unavailable.
- Uncertainty and decision-making
- Management process and practices
- Use decision support tools to inform decision-making
- Use scenario analysis to inform decision-making
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe uncertainty and understand the challenges it poses to decision-making
- Explain the management process and practices
- Apply decision support tools to inform decision-making in uncertain environments
- Evaluate the value of scenario analysis as a qualitative technique, informing decision-making under uncertainty
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone wishing to increase their knowledge of decision-making and risk within a modern enterprise.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.