Weekly study8 hours
Assessment as Learning – May '21
Students often cannot see the purpose of an assessment task, nor can they see how the different tasks fit together. By introducing a more holistic approach with a focus on a course-based assessment, students are more likely to see the bigger picture.
- Course-based approaches to assessment design
- Principles of assessment design
- Authentic and inclusive assessment
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate your own assessment design in relation to the requirements of a course-based approach to assessment
- Explore your assessment against the principles in assessment design
- Describe the designing (redesigning) of your enhanced assessment
Who is the course for?
Colleagues at Coventry University and CU Group who teach and/or support student learning in Higher Education.