Weekly study8 hours
Making Judgements and Ensuring Quality – May '21
Making fair and objective judgements is an art and a science. It takes practice and requires the tutor to challenge unconscious behaviour (bias) that may impact on our judgement.
Careful design and sharing ownership of the assessment criteria with your students can contribute to a mutual understanding of how judgement is made. Yet we have to continuously check and enhance our practice through calibration, standardisation and moderation.
- Making judgement and understanding quality
- Designing assessment criteria
- Calibration, standardisation and moderation
- Quality assurance and enhancement
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply more objective approaches in making judgement on assessment
- Design assessment criteria that rewards
- Summarise your guidance (and respond to feedback) that encourages practices including calibration, standardisation and moderation in assessment
- Report your actions that assure and enhance quality in assessment and feedback practices.
Who is the course for?
Colleagues at Coventry University and CU Group who teach and/or support student learning in HE.