Weekly study2 hours
Digital Skills for Teachers: Making Technology Work for You
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Feel empowered to use digital tools
Currently UK employers are struggling to fill 43 per cent of science, technology, engineering and maths related vacancies (New Statesman). To close this digital skills gap in the future we need teachers with a good knowledge of digital technology who can equip students with the skills needed in today’s world.
On this course you will build your knowledge of digital tools and your confidence in using them. You will investigate gaps in your own skill set and learn how to close them. You should leave the course newly empowered to use digital technology in your classroom.
What role does digital play in the classroom?
How can teachers can build confidence with digital tools?
How can teachers take part in meaningful continuing professional development?
How can teachers share knowledge and build successful digital relationships?
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify gaps in digital skill set and select strategies to help meet these.
- Recognise how to build successful partnerships and identify tools to support this.
- Explore online communities of practice and reflect on how these can support continuing professional development.
- Apply CPD preferences to your own working environment.
- Produce a professional learning plan to support your digital skills development.
- Evaluate online training provision and apply this to your own context.
Who is the course for?
This course is for any teacher looking for flexible continuing professional development who wants to improve their confidence with digital tools.