Weekly study8 hours
Diversity in Organisations
An increasingly diverse workforce is the reality in today’s organisations. As employees interact extensively with each other, the challenges of working with a diverse workforce becomes significant. This raises core issues for managers on how they may leverage diversity with the overall aim of increasing organisational performance.
In this course, you’ll explore the benefits, challenges and dimensions of diversity. You’ll look at how individual personalities, attitudes and values have an impact at work. The role of managers and the organisation in creating effective teams will also be examined.
- Defining diversity
- The benefits and challenges of diversity in the workplace
- Diversity management practices
- Exploring attitudes, behaviours and values
- Creating and managing effective teams at work
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what diversity is and its dimensions within organisations
- Explore the benefits and challenges that diversity can bring into the workplace
- Summarise the key approaches organisations could adopt to manage individual and team diversity within the workplace
- Investigate the role of attitudes, personality and values at work
- Engage with appropriate techniques and factors that contribute to the creation of effective teams
Who is the course for?
This course would suit professionals at all levels in an organisation, across all disciplines. It may be of particular interest to those in leadership or managerial roles - looking to improve business processes by managing organisational behaviour.