The world is awash with data buzzwords, we go beyond the hype to explore value.
This course explores data at an introductory level for decision makers.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
Describe how organisations use data to drive value.
Identify and classify data and opportunities within your own organisation.
Explain how data mature your organisation is and identify what to do to increase your maturity to align with your ambitions
Summarise the main challenges organisations face.
Begin to justify the investment required within your own organisation.
What topics will you cover?
- Week 1 - Driving value from data
We explore the ways in which people drive value from data so that you can start to identify the opportunities within your own organisation. We also introduce the course workbook that highlights the various dimensions you need to consider to increase your likelihood of success.
- Week 2 - Case studies and data analytics maturity assessment
We explore a couple of case studies so that you can learn from practitioners and apply their experiences to your emerging data strategy and data opportunity list. We also introduce the data analytics maturity model, allowing you to map where you are today and where you need to get to to release the value of your opportunities identified so far.
- Week 3 - Fully data maturity assessment
We build upon the data analytics assessment and introduce the full data maturity matrix that looks at what, beyond the data, is needed for success. We bring this to life by learning from the experience of recognised industry leaders so that your actions are realistic, pragmatic and informed by their experiences.
- Week 4 - Execution
In line with the main goal of this course to give you the confidence to start adding value through better use of data, this final week will focus on execution. 3 themes run through this section: Value - overcoming challenges by focusing on the business value; Leadership - overcome inertia by appointing an accountable person to lead the change; Foundations - overcome that lack of assets and skill by taking small steps with partners.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe how organisations use data to drive value.
- Identify and classify data and opportunities within your own organisation.
- Explain how data mature your organisation is and identify what to do to increase your maturity to align with your ambitions.
- Summarise the main challenges organisations face.
- Begin to justify the investment required within your own organisation.
Who is the course for?
This is a course for those of you setting up data capabilities for the 1st time, or those of you taking steps to the next level of data maturity. This is for you if you are part often community that is leading the change to make your organisation more data savvy.
The target learners are:
- Individuals who are directly or indirectly accountable for driving value in their organisations.
- Small to medium size business owners who want to drive more value from the information they already have.
- Data professionals who are struggling to get business buy-in to driving value from data.
The main goal of this course is to give you the confidence to start adding value through better use of data.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLValueFromData to talk about this course on social media.