Drone Safety for Managers (UK)
Increase in commercial drone use
The popularity for flying drones has risen considerably, with especial interest in the use of commercial drones. As a consequence of this you need to prepare yourself with the knowledge needed to understand the safety procedures and legal requirements for different types of drones.
Some of the most common uses for drones is to help companies save money, while strengthening the efficiency of their operations and ensuring they remain safe. All individuals who are part of the process of drone operations, will find this course to be incredibly useful and will be able to gain a certificate from a leading Registered Training Organisation, the Institute of Drone Technology.
The regulation of drone use in the UK is split between various organisations including the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Police and Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB). This course provides a succinct approach to covering all of the required knowledge for operating drones commercially within the UK.
Discover new career opportunities in emerging and traditional industries
Recent estimates suggest that, by 2030, drones will have a significant impact on the UK economy. The UAV industry is poised to increase the UK’s GDP by £42 billion and create a net cost savings for the economy of £16 billion. .
Please note that this course is not designed to teach drone piloting, it is designed to provide those working with or near drones with the skills to operate within legal frameworks and with the highest safety standards.
- What is a ‘Drone’?
- The legal use of drones
- Accreditation and licensing (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operator’s Certificates/ Remote Pilot’s Licenses).
- Standard Operating Conditions
- Operational models
- Technical capabilities and limitations of drone technology.
- Flight Logs/Pilot & Drone Management
- Operational / Organisational implications of bringing aviation into the workplace, including privacy and data considerations.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply relevant local laws in the use of drones
- Demonstrate understanding of different types of drones and their uses
- Develop a workplace safety plan for drone use
- Understand the human factors involved in the use of drones
- Apply and understand relevant terminology and regulatory bodies
Who is the course for?
Learners who join this course should have some interest in the use of drones within the UK.
Learners may hold roles or be looking for employment in logistics, mining, surveying, photography, transport, construction or any number of other industries in which they may encounter drones.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.