Drone use, and in particular commercial drone use, is becoming more and more widespread. As a result of this businesses and individuals need to thoroughly understand the safety procedures and legal restrictions for different types of drones right through from small leisure crafts to large commercial drones.
Drones are being used across various industries to help companies save money, improve safety, and enhance the efficiency of their operations. In order to achieve efficiency and safety, anyone involved in drone operations may wish to take this course to advance their understanding and gain a certificate from a leading Registered Training Organisation, the Institute of Drone Technology.
The regulation of drone use in the UK is split between various organisations including the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Police and Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB). This course provides a succinct approach to covering all of the required knowledge for operating drones commercially within the UK.
Gain new career opportunities in emerging and traditional industries
The global commercial market for drone technology is forecast to increase from $US6.5bn to $US34.5bn by 2026 .
By understanding the safe and legal use of drones you will be gaining a valuable and highly employable skill that will help you to build a skillset for today and into the future.
Please note that this course is not designed to teach drone piloting, it is designed to provide those working with or near drones with the skills to operate within legal frameworks and with the highest safety standards.
- What is a ‘Drone’?
- The legal use of drones
- Accreditation and licensing (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operator’s Certificates/ Remote Pilot’s Licenses).
- Standard Operating Conditions
- Operational models
- Technical capabilities and limitations of drone technology.
- Flight Logs/Pilot & Drone Management
- Operational / Organisational implications of bringing aviation into the workplace, including privacy and data considerations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply relevant local laws in the use of drones
- Demonstrate understanding of different types of drones and their uses
- Develop a workplace safety plan for drone use
- Understand the human factors involved in the use of drones
- Apply and understand relevant terminology and regulatory bodies
Who is the course for?
Learners who join this course should have some interest in the use of drones within the UK.
Learners may hold roles or be looking for employment in logistics, mining, surveying, photography, transport, construction or any number of other industries in which they may encounter drones.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.