What’s the difference between a free course and an upgraded course?
Why join the course?
Healthcare is a vast and constantly changing global sector. We all have a stake in it, so it is vital that both professionals and patients not only have access to accurate information, but also to the stories and experiences of real people.
Translate real-life experiences into effective e-learning
As educators, we know that bringing these voices to life in e-learning will make it more effective, but this also poses challenges:
- How do we translate real-life experiences into e-learning?
- How can our e-learning tell powerful stories?
- What methods can we use to design high quality and reusable e-learning resources?
- And how can we best get our concepts and ideas across to multiple audiences?
Discover a methodology for designing e-learning objects
In this free online course, we will explore these questions and introduce a methodology that you can use yourself, to design your own e-learning objects in all sorts of contexts, not just health. We will take you through the process – from deciding on a learning aim to getting ready to develop your resource.
By the end of the five weeks, you will have created your own storyboard and specification for a high quality piece of e-learning, which you can then develop further after the course.
Learn with the Health E-Learning and Media (HELM) team
The course is led by The University of Nottingham’s Health E-Learning and Media team (HELM). We will deliver our course as a team, and encourage collaboration and discussion, so that we can all learn from each other.
HELM has developed over 200 standalone and free-to-use Reusable Learning Objects (RLOs) over the last 15 years, which have been used by an estimated one million people from 50 countries for teaching or self-directed learning.
We will be sharing our flexible and practical methodology, which works for us and many others.
So, whatever your background – whether you are working in, or are a user of, education, health or training; have an interest in e-learning and online pedagogies; or simply want to learn more about how to get ideas out there – we look forward to meeting you.
What topics will you cover?
This course will cover the following topics:
- The nature of the small multimedia learning resources known as reusable learning objects (RLOs), their characteristics and use.
- The ASPIRE framework that we use for resource creation
- Storyboarding for resources.
- How to turn a storyboard into a final specification.
- Quality assurance within resource creation, focusing on health resources
- Tools and tips for future e-learning resource development.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript $74.00
Statement of Participation $54.00
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLelearninghealth to talk about this course on social media.