Weekly study3 hours
Designing E-Learning for Health
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn to translate real experiences into e-learning for health and social care
How can our e-learning tell powerful stories? How can we design high quality and reusable e-learning resources? How can we best get our ideas across to multiple audiences?
We will introduce a methodology that you can use to design your own e-learning objects in all sorts of contexts, not just health.
By the end of the course, you will have created your own storyboard and specification for a high-quality piece of e-learning, which you can develop further after the course.
This course will cover the following topics:
- The nature of the small multimedia learning resources known as reusable learning objects (RLOs), their characteristics and use.
- The ASPIRE framework that we use for resource creation
- Storyboarding for resources.
- How to turn a storyboard into a final specification.
- Quality assurance within resource creation, focusing on health resources
- Tools and tips for future e-learning resource development.
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss pedagogical approaches to e-learning in Health. In particular the specific characteristics of learning resources that contribute to effectiveness within a health setting.
- Discuss the context of Health-related e-learning resources and OER.
- Investigate examples of health resources developed and used by different stakeholders, their evaluation and effectiveness.
- Apply the HELM ‘ASPIRE’ framework for resource development.
- Develop storyboards with different stakeholders.
- Apply storyboarding tools and methods.
- Identify and use assets (images, video, quizzes etc.) within learning resources.
- Develop evaluation strategies for resources.
- Investigate various tools and methods for converting your storyboard ideas into a web-based resource. If you choose, you can create your resource and share it with the other participants.
Who is the course for?
This course is relevant for people who work in e-learning in any area of medicine and healthcare.
The practical nature of the course means that you can easily apply what you learn in the workplace.
While the focus is around e-learning for health, the course and methods presented are transferable to many other contexts and sectors so it is suitable for anyone with an interest in designing e-learning.