Understand the range and use of emergency contraception
Emergency contraception can be confusing, with different types available and public understanding sometimes limited. On this course you will master the basics of emergency contraception: learning about the different types of post-coital contraception, exploring clinical guideliness; and working out which type of contraception is appropriate in different situations.
What topics will you cover?
• Introduction to emergency contraception available in the UK
• Consultation skills required for taking a comprehensive history in relation to EC
• Clinical guidance which informs practice and decision making
• Method specific information. For example mode of action, contraindications, side-effects etc
• Quick starting contraction; the pros and cons