Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 6
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Evaluating Designs with Users
Conduct user testing that informs and enhances your UX design
When it comes to designing a product or system that works for your users, there’s no better way to understand what works – and what doesn’t – than by watching them using it.
Discover effective tools for user testing
This course will teach you how to create and conduct user testing that will provide you with the information you need to decide how effective your product’s UX is.
You’ll learn how to identify whether the product is adequately helping your users do what they need to do as well as how your users feel about using it.
Develop your research process from start to finish
On this course, you’ll follow the entire research process, learning everything from how to recruit test participants to creating the user test report.
You’ll discover the best techniques for creating questionnaires, conducting interviews, and moderating discussions to get the most effective data from your user tests.
Explore how best to measure UX
As well as exploring the best user testing methods and approaches, you’ll learn how to design a user test that enables you to extract the most information you can from the time you have with a user.
After you’ve evaluated your designs with your users, you’ll learn how to build a usability testing report which allows you to track, report on, and analyse your user testing.
By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident in your ability to conduct effective user testing that enables you to evaluate and improve upon a product’s UX.
- What is User Testing
- User Test Basics
- Getting More out of User Testing
- Analysis and Reporting
- User test and Report
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify different approaches to user testing and their appropriate use
- Explore how to design an effective user test
- Perform an effective user test to get the most information possible out of each encounter
- Report on and analyze user testing
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain experience in UX principles, techniques, and processes, but specifically in the areas of user experience testing and evaluating your UX design.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends