Learn to enhance your critical appraisal skills
Evidence-base for Nursing Practice (EBNP) supports the use of various sources of evidence (data), but particularly recommends the type of data that provides objective outcome measurement to monitor and evaluate the need for changes in nursing practice. However, it is essential that nurses develop skills in critically evaluating the reliability, validity, and trustworthiness of measurements presented as objective fact, before championing any changes to practice based on such evidence.
- The underpinning philosophy of research
- Critically reviewing the non-experimental design
- The purpose of the non-experimental design in patient care and the theme of gender health
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the research process used in non-experimental research
- Develop critical appraisal skills for research evaluation
Who is the course for?
This course is for MSc Nursing students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.