Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Feedback for Learning: Implementing Formative Assessment
Help your students benefit from formative feedback
Marking has been identified as an area of excessive workload for teachers, but feedback is crucial for students to improve their understanding.
On this course, you’ll learn evidence-based approaches for using written and oral feedback to support student learning, without increasing your workload.
You’ll learn how to develop a classroom culture that encourages formative dialogue and prepares students to receive, act upon, and learn from teacher feedback.
The course adopts a reflective approach and will encourage changes in classroom practice that will have a direct impact on student learning.
- Effective feedback as part of formative assessment.
- Feedback that enables students to move forward in their learning.
- Forms of written feedback and oral feedback.
- Empowering students to receive and act on feedback.
This course provides evidence-based practices to use formative assessment purposefully in your teaching. The course adopts a reflective approach, allowing you to contextualise the ideas from this course with tasks to undertake in your classroom.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply approaches that use students’ errors to maximise learning as part of classroom culture.
- Identify different types of feedback interaction within your teaching.
- Develop a range of strategies to involve students in oral and written feedback.
- Develop a formative classroom culture that prepares students to be responsive to feedback.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary, secondary, and further education teachers.
Classroom examples are provided from a science and mathematics context, but the course is suitable for teachers of STEM and non-STEM subjects.
You do not need any prior experience other than marking and facilitating lessons.
This course compliments the Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment course but can be taken alone.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.